Court Barn Museum Of Craft & Design
Discover the stories and legacy of the craftspeople, designers and artists working in the north Cotswolds from 1900 to the present day.
The permanent display celebrates nine lives or workshops that were established in the north Cotswolds. It starts with C.R. Ashbee and then continues with former members of Ashbee’s Guild who remained working in Chipping Campden following the dissolution of the Guild of Handicraft in 1908:
Alec Miller (wood carver & sculptor) and the Hart family (silversmiths).
Throughout the 20th century many other designers and makers were drawn to the area:
- Gordon Russell (furniture)
- Katharine Adams (bookbinding)
- Paul Woodroffe (stained glass & book illustration)
- F.L. Griggs (etching & engraving)
- Michael Cardew (Winchcombe Pottery)
- Robert Welch (silversmith & product designer)
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Rate and write a review
We are passionate about the local community and its businesses so please note that reviews will only be published if constructive and well-intended.