Filter by tag:
Why should I visit Kington in Herefordshire? Firstly did you know that the name 'Kington' is derived from King's-ton which means Anglo-Saxon for "King's Town".
- Visit Kington and experience a small market town on the Herefordshire and Welsh border.
- Did you know Kington Golf Club is the highest 18 hole golf club in England.
- The town is close to Hergest Ridge and the River Arrow which means some great outdoor activities.
- Great spots for fishing and only 19 miles north west of Hereford.
- The town borders with Powys in Wales and offers a good mix of architecture.
- The area retains an agricultural air thus able to showcase weekly livestock market close to the town centre.
- An excellent cycling and mountain biking country which takes you along quiet lanes and off road on bridleways such Hergest Ridge.
- Enjoy the best of views and activities across this border region because there is plenty of things to do in Kington.
- Glamping in Herefordshire offers yurts as do Cosy Under Canvas.
- Find unique glamping holidays in Herefordshire from romantic shepherd’s huts to safari tents & pods.
- If you are a tourist you will find plenty of places to drink, eat and sleep.
- Breath taking countryside with the best places to relax and stay offering bed and breakfast, self-catering breaks and hotels.
- Discover and experience the latest events and what’s on in Kington.
- Do you like to walk? Then join hundreds of hikers and walkers at the Kington Walks Festival and the Kington Walks Spring Weekend.