The Eardisland Dovecote is one of Eardisland’s most distinctive historical buildings. Its origins are probably late 17th or early 18th century, although the earliest reference to a dovecote in the village is 1469.
The present building, renovated and restored in 2000, was formerly part of the Manor House estate. It now functions as an information and exhibition centre for the village offering interesting historical displays and information on the area alongside a shop selling local produce.
Managed by the Eardisland Dovecote Trust, the Trust is also responsible for England’s very pretty oldest AA roadside telephone box.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.