Old King Street Farm
Old King Street Farm is self catering holiday accommodation set amid the peace and beauty of the Golden Valley, the holiday cottages at Old King Street Farm will give you a relaxed and interesting stay in the heart of the Welsh Marches just twelve miles from Hereford and Abergavenny. Half a mile from a village with two country pubs with restaurants, a village shop and post office, and a butchers, you have all you need on your doorstep.
With breathtaking views and situated on a quiet lane next to the main farmhouse, Pomona Cottage (sleeps Four) and The Cider House (sleeps Two) are both modern and comfortable. They are newly restored from our 18th century barns. With a mix of old oak beams and ultra modern bathrooms, old stone feature walls and underfloor heating, the accommodation is extremely spacious and stylish.
The ten acres of Old King Street Farm has woodland, a lake, a stream, and our herd of eighteen llamas quietly grazing nearby. Guests may wish to take a llama trek and explore the Black Mountains during their stay.
The Cider House sleeps 2 and has been awarded a five star rating by Visit Wales:
- Upstairs is the very large 25-foot long double bedroom. At one end, nestled beneath the oval owl-hole window is the King-sized antique brass bedstead. Attractive oak flooring throughout. A large walk-in wardrobe and a dressing table are provided.
- Off the bedroom is the bathroom with roll-top bath and separate shower.
- The ground floor is open-plan with a living area merging into the kitchen / dining area.
- The fitted kitchen is newly equipped with an electric oven, ceramic hob, dishwasher, washing machine, fridge and separate deep freeze.
- Under-floor heating throughout the stone-tiled ground floor.
- Comfortable furniture with settee and matching armchair.
Pomona Cottage which sleeps 4 has been awarded a four star rating by Visit Wales and has a Mobility Impairment Level M1 rating – the disabled access making it suitable for less-able guests:
- The ground floor – with no stepped access from the parking area – has a twin bedroom with dressing table and wardrobe, open-plan 22-foot long living area, kitchen / dining area and attractively tiled wetroom / shower.
- Upstairs is the double bedroom with a fine King-sized bed, oak flooring, wardrobe and chest of drawer.
- The fitted kitchen is newly refurbished with an electric oven, ceramic hob, dishwasher, washing machine and fridge with freezer compartment.
- There is underfloor heated stone throughout the ground floor for that truly luxurious feeling.
- The stylish modern wooden furniture is made from ash, whilst the living area has two settees and two comfortable chairs.
- Cot and high chair available on request in either cottage
- Broadband wireless WIFI connection to both cottages
- No smoking or pets
- All linen and towels provided
- Both cottages have tv with Freeview
- Ample off-road car-parking
Visit Golden Valley as it winds its way sheltered between the Black Mountains and the banks of the River Dore. With Hay-on-Wye a close neighbour to the village of Dorstone, the valley winds down through Peterchurch, Vowchurch and Abbey Dore to Ewyas Harold at the south of the Golden Valley. These time-forgotten villages are set in some of the most untouched Herefordshire countryside you could ever hope to see.
Visit Herefordshire and explore a county of rolling, green countryside interrupted by villages steeped in history and interest. There's plenty to see and do but there's no escaping the sense of peace and fresh air. The Golden Valley in Herefordshire is one of those places – it has a certain something that you just can’t put your finger on.
Visit What's On In Herefordshire to find the upcoming events and what’s happening, when and where, during your stay.