Old King Street Farm
Old King Street Farm is self catering holiday accommodation set amid the peace and beauty of the Golden Valley, the holiday cottages at Old King Street Farm will give you a relaxed and interesting stay in the heart of the Welsh Marches just twelve miles from Hereford and Abergavenny. Half a mile from a village with two country pubs with restaurants, a village shop and post office, and a butchers, you have all you need on your doorstep.
With breathtaking views and situated on a quiet lane next to the main farmhouse, Pomona Cottage (sleeps Four) and The Cider House (sleeps Two) are both modern and comfortable. They are newly restored from our 18th century barns. With a mix of old oak beams and ultra modern bathrooms, old stone feature walls and underfloor heating, the accommodation is extremely spacious and stylish.
The Cider House sleeps 2 and has been awarded a five star rating by Visit Wales:
- Upstairs is the very large 25-foot long double bedroom. At one end, nestled beneath the oval owl-hole window is the King-sized antique brass bedstead. Attractive oak flooring throughout. A large walk-in wardrobe and a dressing table are provided.
- Off the bedroom is the bathroom with roll-top bath and separate shower.
- The ground floor is open-plan with a living area merging into the kitchen / dining area.
- The fitted kitchen is newly equipped with an electric oven, ceramic hob, dishwasher, washing machine, fridge and separate deep freeze.
- Under-floor heating throughout the stone-tiled ground floor.
- Comfortable furniture with settee and matching armchair.
Pomona Cottage which sleeps 4 has been awarded a four star rating by Visit Wales and has a Mobility Impairment Level M1 rating – the disabled access making it suitable for less-able guests:
- The ground floor – with no stepped access from the parking area – has a twin bedroom with dressing table and wardrobe, open-plan 22-foot long living area, kitchen / dining area and attractively tiled wetroom / shower.
- Upstairs is the double bedroom with a fine King-sized bed, oak flooring, wardrobe and chest of drawer.
- The fitted kitchen is newly refurbished with an electric oven, ceramic hob, dishwasher, washing machine and fridge with freezer compartment.
- There is underfloor heated stone throughout the ground floor for that truly luxurious feeling.
- The stylish modern wooden furniture is made from ash, whilst the living area has two settees and two comfortable chairs.
- Cot and high chair available on request in either cottage
- Broadband wireless WIFI connection to both cottages
- No smoking or pets
- All linen and towels provided
- Both cottages have tv with Freeview
- Ample off-road car-parking
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Rate and write a review
We are passionate about the local community and its businesses so please note that reviews will only be published if constructive and well-intended.