The Hens and Chickens Guest House
The Hens and Chickens Guest House was converted to a B&B in 1999 and reveals its age with sloping floors and steep turning staircases.
We think the original building was constructed around 1810 and the name may have originated from the common stone bottles in which ale was sold; a hen being the larger, and the chicken, the smaller.
In this large building we have four en-suite bedrooms and the dining room. Vine Cottage is attached to the rear of the Inn and has a separate entrance accessed from the car park area. There are two bedrooms in this building.
The Hen & Chickens is ideally situated within easy walking distance of all of Ludlow’s attractions, including the castle, the medieval town walls, the market, shops and churches. The Assembly Rooms offer afternoon and evening entertainment with theatre and cinema.