Set in the heart of historic Ludlow, The Queens is a family run freehold pub with a warm & informal atmosphere. We specialise in real ales and homemade, traditional dishes. Enjoy our home cooked food in our lovely vaulted ceiling restaurant or relax with a few drinks on our decking area in the garden.
The Queens was built around 1841 and named The Queens Head after Queen Victoria. It boasted a large yard and extensive stabling to cater for the expanding suburbs. In 1888 the licensed victualler was Charles Guest, who was also a farmer and timber merchant. The 1901 licensing return showed that it could stable as many as 20 horses.
Our beautiful vaulted ceiling restaurant is at the rear of the pub. Our open plan design means you have a good atmosphere throughout, but the restaurant is set back from the bar to allow quieter dining. We serve good, homemade food which is locally sourced where possible
The Bed & Breakfast apartments are set in the courtyard behind The Queens, next to our pretty patio area and were converted from derelict outbuildings with the help of a grant from The Regional Growth Fund. They consist of three separate units, ‘Upper Cottage’, ‘Lower Cottage’ and ‘The Stable’.