This Is A Recurring Event- Event 4 / 42nd December 2023 10:00 am
Worcester Victorian Christmas Fayre The Victorian Fayre was first started back in 1992 by traders from picturesque New Street and Friar Street. The Fayre may have grown a lot but it
Worcester Victorian Christmas Fayre
The Victorian Fayre was first started back in 1992 by traders from picturesque New Street and Friar Street. The Fayre may have grown a lot but it has stayed true to its traditional roots with plenty of Victorian themed characters, festive treats and a wonderful atmosphere. This year there will be almost 200 stalls across the city centre, selling local arts and crafts, delicious street food and gifts.
As well as a wonderful array of stalls, we are looking forward to a fantastic programme of entertainment. Look out for Victorian characters in Gin Lane, lofty entertainers on stilts, brilliant musicians on our stages and buskers on every street corner.
There really is something for everyone and we hope you have a wonderful time!
- 200 STALLS: A fabulous street market selling all sorts of delightful Christmas goodies, handmade items and much, much more. There will be many local producers so you can take home locally sourced food and drink, arts and crafts and Christmas gifts.
- TASTY TREATS: You won’t go hungry with this unrivalled street food selection! The Fayre has all your festive favourites and some tasty surprises too.
- ATMOSPHERE: The sights, smells and sounds of Christmas come alive at the Fayre! Go back in time and see how Christmas might have looked 150 years ago as Victorian characters fill the historic streets of Worcester.
- FUN OF THE FAIR: A Victorian Fayre wouldn’t be complete without a carousel and fun fair. Step aboard the Galloper to be whisked around to the sound of the traditional barrel organ.
- ENTERTAINMENT: With live music, traditional carols and school choirs on the stages and buskers on every street corner, there is plenty of entertainment at the Fayre to keep you smiling throughout the day.
Come along and see all the fun festivities for yourself, support local businesses and take part in one of the highlights of the Midlands’ festive calendar.