The Coracle Race Take part in the quirkiest, craziest boat race in the UK (probably the world!). Enter a team for the Coracle World Championships in Shrewsbury and have a great afternoon
The Coracle Race
Take part in the quirkiest, craziest boat race in the UK (probably the world!).
Enter a team for the Coracle World Championships in Shrewsbury and have a great afternoon of Coracle chaos with your workmates, colleagues or friends. You’ll also be helping to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support.
- The Coracle World Championships race takes place on a Friday afternoon in September, on the River Severn at the Pengwern Boat Club
- Up to 48 Teams, comprising four people in each team, relay-race across the river in coracles – single person, circular boats with one oar to steer and paddle
- After several heats, quarter finals and semi finals, the winners of the final race become World Champions! And, it’s all in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support
- Team Registration for the race is £300 (for 4 people) and we ask each Team to additionally fundraise as much as possible to boost the funds. The 2022 Race raised over £35,500
- It’s a brilliant day of fun and Coracle chaos. There’s food and beverages (a bar too), plus lot’s more
All Day (Friday)
All Events At This Location
Pengwern Boat Club Shrewsbury
Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY3 7BD, UK