Cheese & Wine Pairing Join us to explore a range of delicious cheeses, including cheese made in Shropshire, and matching them with some classic wines from around the world. We will
Cheese & Wine Pairing
Join us to explore a range of delicious cheeses, including cheese made in Shropshire, and matching them with some classic wines from around the world. We will also talk about food and wine matching more generally and you will pick up some really good tips to take away and practice at home.
This is also a great way to start your wine journey as we will be tasting some of the classic grape varieties/styles of wine. No experience necessary.
During the evening we will try 6 different cheese and wine combinations. The matchings will vary from one event to another, depending upon availability, and we continually review the combinations.
- French Chevre (Goats Cheese) and Loire Sauvignon Blanc
- Brie de Meaux and Viognier
- Roquefort and Sauternes or Monbazillac
- Camembert and Chardonnay
- Ricotta and Riesling
- Mozzarella and Pinot Grigio
- Tuscan Parmigiano and Sangiovese
- An aged Gouda with Cabernet Sauvignon
- Manchego and Rioja
- Mature Cheddar and Malbec
- Brie and Pinot Noir
- Feta and Beaujolais (Gamay)
- Mature Farmhouse Cheshire (made in Shropshire) and Côtes du Rhône (Grenache, Syrah, Mourvedre)
- Double Gloucester and Zinfandel
Professional ISO tasting glasses and all tasting materials including tasting sheets are provided as are crackers and table water.
(Friday) 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
All Events At This Location
Shrewsbury Central Baptist Church
4 Claremont Street, Shropshire, SY1 1QG, UK